This is a question that many consumers have when they are looking to purchase a power recliner. It is an important question to ask, especially since the motor is one of the most important and expensive parts of the chair.
In this blog post, we will explore how long power recliner motors tend to last and what you can do to extend their life. We will also look at some of the best brands in power recliners and what you can expect from them. So, if you are in the market for a new power recliner, be sure to keep reading!
Average Lifespan Of Power Recliner Motor
Generally speaking, power recliner motors tend to last between 5 and 10 years. However, several factors can affect this number, including how often the recliner is used and how well it is maintained.
You can extend the life of your power recliner motor by following the manufacturer’s instructions for care and maintenance, avoiding sudden movements or jerks when using the recliner, and having the recliner serviced by a professional every few years.
Selecting a quality product from a reputable brand is also important in ensuring longevity. When properly cared for, your power recliner can provide years of comfort and enjoyment.
What factors affect the lifespan of a power recliner motor?
Several factors can affect the lifespan of a power recliner motor, including how often the recliner is used and how well it is maintained.
For example, if you use your recliner multiple times a day, it will likely wear out faster than if you only use it occasionally.
Similarly, if you do not regularly clean and maintain your recliner, the motor will also be more likely to fail sooner.
Additionally, there are several things you can do to extend the life of your power recliner motor.
- First, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for care and maintenance.
- This includes regular vacuuming or dusting, as well as spot-cleaning any spills or stains.
- Additionally, avoid putting stress on the motor by avoiding sudden movements or jerks when using the recliner.
- Finally, have the recliner serviced by a professional every few years to keep the motor in good working condition.
When choosing a power recliner, it is important to select a model from a reputable brand. Some of the best brands in power recliners include La-Z-Boy, Ashley Furniture, and Lane.
These brands offer quality products that are built to last. Additionally, they often offer warranties on their products, so you can be sure your investment is protected.
Do power recliners break down?
Like any piece of furniture, power recliners can break down over time. The most common problems with power recliners are related to the motor.
- The motor is responsible for moving the recliner back and forth, and it can wear out over time. Additionally, the motor can become damaged if the recliner is used improperly or if it is not maintained properly.
- If you notice that your recliner is not working as well as it used to, or if it is making strange noises, these could be signs that the motor is starting to fail.
- Additionally, if the recliner is taking longer to recline than it used to, this could also indicate a problem with the motor.
If you notice any of these issues, it is best to have the recliner serviced by a professional to diagnose the problem and determine if the motor needs to be replaced.
How much does it cost to replace a power recliner motor?
Replacing a power recliner motor can be a costly repair. The exact cost will depend on the brand and model of your recliner, as well as the price of the replacement motor.
Additionally, the cost of labor will vary depending on the company you choose to do the repairs. If you have a warranty on your recliner, this may cover the cost of repairs or replacement parts. Otherwise, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $500 to replace a power recliner motor.
Before incurring the cost of repairs, it is important to determine whether the problem can be fixed with a simple repair or if the recliner needs to be replaced entirely.
If your recliner is still under warranty, you may be able to get the repairs covered by the manufacturer. Otherwise, you will need to decide whether the cost of repairs is worth the investment, or if it would be better to purchase a new recliner.
What do you do when your electric recliner stops working?
If your electric recliner stops working, the first thing you should do is check the power source.
- Make sure that the recliner is plugged into an outlet and that the power switch is turned on.
- If the recliner is still not working, you may need to replace the batteries in the remote control.
- If the recliner still does not work after replacing the batteries, there is likely a problem with the motor.
- In this case, you will need to have the recliner serviced by a professional. They will be able to diagnose the problem and determine if the motor needs to be replaced.
Also Read: Do Power Recliners have to be Plugged in?
The average lifespan of a power recliner motor is about 10 years. However, that number can vary depending on the brand and quality of the motor, how often it’s used, and other factors.
If you’re in the market for a new power recliner, be sure to ask about the motor’s life expectancy before you buy it. And if your current recliner is starting to give you trouble, don’t wait too long to replace it.
Lastly, the lifespan of a power recliner motor depends on several factors, including how often the recliner is used and how well it is maintained. You can help extend the life of your motor by following the manufacturer’s instructions for care and maintenance and by avoiding sudden movements or jerks when using the recliner.