Did your microfiber recliner get stained and all messy, but you do not know the proper cleaning methods? If so, then no worries, we got all the tips and strategies to give your microfiber recliner a new life.
Here you will get to read the simple and easy techniques to make your microfiber recliner sofas, chairs, and other furniture stains free according to their specific type.
While purchasing yourself a microfiber recliner, you most probably have been given a speech about how stain-proof it is. However, it can still get messy from having pet hair traces and spill stains. So, keep on scrolling to know the best ways of cleaning your recliner!
General Tips To Clean a Micro Fiber Recliner
Microfiber fabric is leathery and suede texture; other than appearing soft and plushy, it repels water to some extent. So, the best way to clean a microfiber recliner is to follow the manufacturer’s guide. If you cannot find the manufacturer’s manual or even if you can, the following tips and techniques will help you throughout.
- Use a gentle soap, warm water, and the right upholstery brush.
- Always test the cleaner on an inconspicuous spot first.
- Clean in a circular motion inside out to prevent spot creation.
- Use a soft cloth, move it in a circular motion, air dry, and brush it out with soft bristles.
- Do not let the spills dry. Clean them as soon as possible to avoid everlasting discoloration.
- Let it air dry instead of blow dry to prevent discoloration or change in the quality of the fabric.
- For deep cleaning of a microfiber recliner, use a cleaning machine with high suction power.
See Your Care Tags Or Pamphlets
Almost all microfiber recliners come in handy with a sewn tag or a guide pamphlet in the package. That tag or pamphlet is the code that contains all the details about washing instructions according to the specific type of microfiber recliner you have.
The code on that tag will either be the alphabet W, S, WS or X.
1) Cleaning Of Code W Microfiber Recliner
You will need a stiff bristles brush, water-based shampoo or foam upholstery or a bar of clear dishwashing soap and a sponge.
How To Clean?
- Vacuum your microfiber recliner.
- Pour and stir the water-based shampoo or foam upholstery into a small container of water.
- Start working on the stain by dipping the sponge into the solution and squeeze out the excess.
- Clean the stain from the outside first to prevent the spreading of the stain.
- Rinse the spot area with excess clean water to get away as much residual soap as you can.
- Let it air dry, and then brush the fabric to back up the feel of it.
2) Cleaning Of Code S Microfiber Recliner
You will need rubbing alcohol or dry cleaning solvent, soft cloth or sponge, a spray bottle and a stiff bristles brush.
How To Clean?
- Vacuum your microfiber recliner to clean away the easy to clean particles.
- Pour the dry-cleaning solvent or rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.
- Spray one side of your microfiber recliner at a time.
- Start to scrub intensely with the soft cloth or sponge until you see oil or dirt coming out.
- Keep scrubbing until your microfiber recliner stops giving off dirt and grime.
- Once it is air-dried, brush out the fluff for better effect.
3) Cleaning Of Code W-S Microfiber Recliner
You will need a dry-cleaning solvent or rubbing alcohol or water-based shampoo or clear dishwashing soap (anything will work), a sponge, a spray bottle and a stiff bristles brush.
How To Clean?
- Vacuum your entire microfiber recliner to clean off dirt.
- Pour and mix a water-based shampoo or a bar of clear dishwashing soap into a bit of water.
- Dip a soft cloth or sponge into that solution, squeeze it.
- Start cleaning in a circular motion from outside, rinse thoroughly.
- In case you are using rubbing alcohol or dry-cleaning solvent, pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray the microfiber recliner at one side at a time, scrub it until your microfiber recliner looks clean.
- Let it air dry in both cases, and brush the recliner to buff it up to get it back to the previous state and quality.
- For stains or mess like food, wine, coffee, tea spills, juices, ketchup mustard, sauces, inks, bloodstains, syrups, use a water-based cleaner and water.
- For more tough kind of stains like grease, oil spills, crayons, acrylic paints, nail or shoe polishes, makeup stains, use a solvent-based or alcohol-based cleaner.
4) Cleaning Of Code X Microfiber Recliner
A vacuum cleaner and a soft bristles brush.
How To Clean?
- Use a vacuum to clean your entire microfiber recliner to get off all the dirt particles.
- Brush it off regularly with soft bristles brush to keep its appearance new.
- For getting rid of any stains, mess, or spills for a microfiber recliner, call a professional to help.
Some Helpful Tips
You should avoid the possible spill or stain factors for such type of microfiber recliners and use no sippy cups and food on them. Such microfiber recliner needs more care as they cannot be cleaned at home by yourself rather than dusting off or vacuum cleaning. Do not try to use other methods and seek professional help when needed. Since it is “better to be safe than sorry”.
Recliners are an essential part of a furnished place as they are comfy and sight pleasing. Also, it looks even better and cozy when it is a microfiber recliner. Although, misfortune might sometimes hit and get your microfiber recliner messed up by various stains or spills.
However, no worries, you can clean it up by yourself as required. For your convenience, we have penned down everything you need to know about cleaning a microfiber recliner. So, now you can clean your precious recliner by yourself.
Related Article: Best Top Grain Leather Recliner